Low Melting Point Alloys
This alloy is one of the most interesting in the range of low melting point bismuth based alloys. On solidification from the molten state and thereafter, it exhibits practically no dimensional change. This is unlike other bismuth alloys, most of which expand whilst a few contract on ageing.
H.G. Casting Alloy is manufactured from virgin metals and is guaranteed to give complete satisfaction under normal working conditions.
- Melting point: (Eutectic) 138°C to 170°C
- Weight lb/in3 : (approx) 0.30
- Brinell hardness: 22
- Maximum sustained safe load 500lbs/in2
- Shrinkage after casting (approx) 0.0001” per inch
- Reproduction of machined moulds for electro plating.
- Mandrels for wave-guides.
- Production of master patterns for investment casting.
- Moulds for plastic injection or blow moulding.
- Spray masks.
- Proof casting.